BIO-SEE 2023 Annual Meeting
It is with great pleasure that we announce the upcoming annual BIO-SEE meeting scheduled to take place on October 16-18 at the Orbeli Institute of Physiology in Yerevan Armenia. The meeting will inclulde a kick-off conference of the new Horizon Europe project, the celebration of the Orbeli Institute's 80th anniversary, and the annual gathering of the BIO-SEE society members.
Please inform us of your interest in attending the meeting and giving an oral presentation by October 9th, 2023.
Young participants are also welcome to present their work in a poster presentation format. Presentations should be relevant to the conference's specified topics or can explore the historical perspectives of the Institute of Physiology from the Soviet past to the present. The main language of the meeting will be English, with translation and other accommodations available upon request for speakers from different backgrounds.
If you have any inquiries regarding the meeting format or related logistics, please direct them to the Organizing Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no registration fee for this conference. A limited number of travel or housing awards will be made available, on a competitive basis, to junior researchers who submit a poster or an abstract for oral presentation. Notably the subject of their poster or talk should be relevant to the modern methods of biovisualization.
Like last year there is a BIO-SEE image and poster competition!
• Everyone is welcome to participate: from students to seasoned professionals
• Winners’ names will be published on the BIO-SEE website.
• Winners will be asked to sign a release form to use their images and/or key elements of their presentations in BIO-SEE promotional materials.
• Prizes: 1st Place: $250, 2nd Place: $150, 3rd Place: $100
Image contest entries
File size cannot exceed 20 Mb. Images can be submitted using any of the common image formats with resolution of no less than 512x256 pixels. All entries must include a brief description of the methodology that was used to create the image and what specifically was visualized. Submitted images has to be acquired using advanced imaging techniques, with visual appeal being the main criterion.
Poster contest entries
The subject of the poster should be relevant to the modern methods of biovisualization.
Posters will be judged based on the following elements:
• Scientific findings – importance, novelty, statistical strength, ethical standards
• Legibility & Accuracy – grammar, punctuation, spelling, text size, color and font
• Design/Layout – logical organization and visual flow of text and graphics
• Effective communication – understandable, concise, and clearly presented
Use A0 size in portrait mode to print your poster. Pins and boards will be provided on site.
The team of reviewers will apply these criteria during the live poster viewing session. The presenter shall provide all relevant information in a concise, well-spoken fashion in no longer than 5 minutes. The presenter should be knowledgeable and conversant with the information presented in the poster.
Ready to Enter? Please use the 2023 BIO-SEE Contest Submission Forms. The deadline is October 9th.